Tuesday, March 06, 2007
6 months
Fiona is 6 months old today. It seems like just yesterday I was waddling around trying desperately to keep cool in the 100+ degree weather and hoping that that would be the day I would get to meet my little baby.

She is still working on crawling and getting her knees under her. She is definitely more mobile and can push herself around to get what she wants. She has officially exceeded the time that Abhi breastfed, so I am really happy about that. Abhi went on a nursing strike and despite all my pumping efforts, my milk dried up. Fiona is still going strong even though we have to supplement with formula while she is at the babysitter. She has officially given up the pacifier and prefers only her thumb. I am happy about that too since I don't have to search for a binky in the car or in the middle of the night (which I still have to do for Abhi).

Let's see, what else? She is sleeping pretty well, usually only waking up once or twice during the night to nurse. The magical teddy bear, has lost his magic and I usually carry her in the Mei Tai or lay down with her until she is about to fall asleep. I can still put her down when she's really sleepy and she will suck her thumb and fall asleep on her own.

She has had some stranger anxiety lately and will cry if she sees someone new or we go to a strange house. It really puzzles me though, because we can go to a crowded restaurant or store and she is fine, but as soon as we walk into someone's house, she loses it. It seems to be getting better. She didn't cry at all when we went to my parents house and was giving them big gummy grins from the moment we walked in.

Fiona is such a sweet baby and I look forward to every milestone and every gummy grin and giggle. I never knew that I could love anyone like I love my baby girls.




1 Comments:

Blogger mollybeesmamma said...

She's so beautiful! It is magical to see them unfold and blossom! I can't get over how much I love Molly, too.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer