Monday, March 19, 2007
MBSM
Well, happy Monday to everyone! Jim's computer crashed yesterday, so I stayed up until midnight last night re-installing everything, then Fiona woke up every 2 hours (she's either teething or about to start really crawling, or both), so I am one tired mommy this morning. Nothing a Red Bull and a couple cups of coffee can't fix.

I got my new camera on Friday, so I was pretty much taking pictures all weekend. Jim got pretty tired of it even though I only took like 2 pictures of him. Anyway, I had a lot of pictures to look through to pick one for the Best Shot. It was really tough, but I had to go with this one of my sleepy little girl. I love, love, love this picture.


I have to tell you that I don't use Photoshop (gasp! I know!) - I have no idea how to work that monster of a program. I use Google's Picassa to edit my photos and it does everything I need. I did a couple of things to this one. First I warmed up the colors and then I used the blur effect to soften it up. The picture was already a tad blurry since I wasn't using the flash, so I thought I would make it more blurry and warm up the colors to enhance that "sleepy" effect. I thought it turned out pretty good. To see more Best Shots, visit Tracey over at Picture This. She has a beautiful wedding photo of her sister and an adorable pouty faced daughter.

So, my camera also has this really cool super macro setting where you can focus on something that is literally touching the lens of the camera. I was playing around with it last night taking pictures of Abhi's toes and the pictures on the seat of Fiona's exersaucer. Jim thought I was nuts and even asked me in a very concerned voice if I was ok. Ok, ok! I probably don't need 10 pictures from different angles of Abhi's toes, but I LOVE photography and getting this camera was really exciting for me. I promise this will be the last time I will gush over the camera and I will wait until Jim is not here to take 50 pictures of the cat's whiskers so he won't think I am crazy.


8 Comments:

Blogger Karianna said...

Aw, I love the look of sleepy crumple-face!

Blogger Stacy said...

She's adorable! The softness of the photo does add to the sleepyness of it.

Blogger Wil's Wheels said...

I also love, love, love it! She looks so cuddly.

Blogger natalie said...

AHHH!! I could just pick her right up for a long snuggle!!! Soooo precious!

Blogger Never That Easy said...

It's a very sweet picture - all snuggly.

BTW, I agree: Picasa can be very handy. I use a couple of different programs, but Picasa organizes my pictures & is great for straightening images.

Blogger Christina said...

Sweet shot! The blur really does enhance the sleepy feel. Congrats on a new carmera!

Blogger mollybeesmamma said...

You have a cat?

Love the picture.

Blogger tracey clark said...

Fantastic work. I love this shot and the subtle Picasa work really makes it lovely. It's what I use too! Just a great image all around!
: ) Tracey @ Picture This

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer