Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Holy crap, it works!
On the suggestion of a friend, I got one of those teddy bears that plays womb sounds for Fiona. I was hoping that it would help her sleep better. Last night, (after pacing for a while and her crying the whole time) I laid her down in the crib with the bear while she was sleepy, but still awake and fussy. She cried, sucked her thumb, cried, sucked her thumb - all while I was patting her back and resisting the urge to pick her up. She fell asleep pretty quickly and I was impressed.

So, tonight I turned the bear on and just laid her down wide awake. She didn't cry at all, alternated sucking her right and left thumbs, settled on the right thumb, and went right to sleep! It has been almost an hour and I haven't heard a peep!

Could I have found the golden ticket? The silver bullet? The answer to the ultimate Secret of Easy Sleep??

After 2 years of a complicated bedtime routine with Abhi and now 5 months of pacing with a screaming baby, this feels too easy. I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed that the bear continues to work its magic.

Now if I can find the key to getting Abhi to fall asleep unassisted, I will be in paradise!



Yes, my baby sleeps on her belly, BUT she is almost 5 months old, has very good head control and able to turn her head side to side. Plus, she is rolling over now, and even if I put her on her back, she ends up on her belly at some point anyway all on her own. Just wanted to put that out there in case anyone was wanting to gripe at me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer