Wednesday, January 03, 2007
New Year's Resolutions
1. Declutter and simplify! I have been carrying around the same old crap forEVER, so starting now, I am going to clean out one area of my apartment a week until it feels clean and comfortable again. We are so tired of navigating though our place instead of walking freely. I'll try to remember to take before & after pictures to share.

2. Stop smoking for good! I quit both times I was pregnant cold turkey, so I know I can do it. I just need to resist the temptation to pick it up again when I am stressed out.

3. Apply the concepts of "The Secret" to our life. Jim and I have already experimented with it and have seen results. For example, we are so broke right now. After paying the rent and getting some important repairs done to Jim's car (neither of his headlights worked and only had one tail light), and paying the babysitter for this week, we only have $45 to get us through 2 more weeks. Definitely NOT enough! So, all day today we both visualized and believed we would get a check in the mail. We had no idea where it would come from, but just had faith and knew it would be there. It was there. I had an expense check from work I forgot I was getting for $180, enough to get us to the next paycheck. So, we are definitely going to stop focusing on how much debt we have and how broke we are and believe the money will come.

I think that's about it for now. That is a good start. If I think of more, I will update!


1 Comments:

Blogger Wendi said...

i quit smoking cold turkey with my son, too.
I am always wanting to quit. But, I can't seem to stop smoking those two cigarettes when Jeff gets home from work.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer