Thursday, April 19, 2007
Thursday morning
I sent Abhi to Z's (babysitter) house in underwear today. Z has been telling me that when I am ready to start potty training to just put them on her and send lots of changes of clothes. Z will work on her during the day and I have to stay consistent when she's at home. I have been really lazy with potty training Abhi and have been getting pressure to do it from Z, my mom, my MIL, and pretty much anyone that knows she's not potty trained yet. But, she's only 2 and we are all just settling down and getting comfortable as a family of 4. She had shown an interest in the potty before Fiona was born and was actually doing really well. After Fiona was born it all fell apart. She lost interest and I was too busy with the baby and trying to recover. She's showing interest again and for the past couple of weeks I have been putting her on the potty when she first wakes up in the morning and if I can tell she's trying to poop. So, today I took the plunge and have decided to put Operation Potty Training into action. Any helpful advice for those that have BTDT would be greatly appreciated!

In other news, we are all slowly recovering from the nasty sickness. We are all coughing still and Abhi woke up at 2 am coughing non-stop, which of course woke up Fiona. I put Abhi in bed with Jim and went back to get Fiona to sleep. Abhi was coughing and crying for me while Jim tried to calm her down, so I handed off Fiona to Jim while I got Abhi back to sleep. Once she was asleep, I nursed Fiona to sleep and Jim slept the rest of the night on the couch. Blah, I can't wait for everyone to stop coughing so we can get a good night's sleep.

I will wrap this up with a cute video of Abhi dancing to the American Idol show. She's really gotten into music lately and loves to sing to us and dance.



1 Comments:

Blogger mamamilkers said...

We've gotten in to potty training here, too! I don't have much advice other than to ask, ask and ask some more if she needs to use the potty. Get some cute undies that she likes, too! But most of all, if she doesn't want to do it, she won't, so try and be patient. We just had our first day out of the house in undies yesterday and let me tell you, navigating public bathrooms with a potty training toddler and a baby is NOT fun! I had to set my babe on the floor in one because we were rushing-- blech!!!!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer