Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Do you like your kid's music?
Abhi has started taking an interest in listening to music. I am pretty picky with what I play for her because I don't want to be stuck listening to something that annoys the crap out of me over and over and over and over again. So, I thought I would share a few of my favorite CDs that Abhi likes too. These are ones that I will admit to listening to when she is not around, so that's gotta say something right?

1. Pete Seeger - Birds, Beasts, Bugs & Fishes Little & Big: Animal Folk Songs
I had this record (yes, as in played on an actual record player!) as a kid and it was my favorite. I couldn't remember the guy's name, but I searched around on iTunes until I found it. The songs are old fashioned and classic. Lots of banjo music and animal sound effects. It's pretty fun to listen to and I still remember a lot of the words. You get a lot of bang for your buck. It was $11.99 on iTunes and you get 28 songs!

2. Laurie Berkenr - Whaddaya Think of That?
This one has Abhi's most favorite song ever - We Are The Dinosaurs. This album and that song was what got Abhi interested in music after a playdate with one of her friends. I think they played that song about 20 times in a row and both of them stomped around and had a great time even after the parents ears were bleeding. I usually let Abhi listen to it 3 or 4 times before we have to move on to the other songs. All in all (if you don't listen to one song more than a couple times in a row) this album is very parent friendly.

3. Elizabeth Mitchell - You Are My Little Bird
A friend of mine gave me a copy of this album and I really liked it. She sings folky songs with her husband and daughters. There is even a Bob Marley cover on there! I have another album by her (You Are My Sunshine) but I like You Are My Little Bird better. Each album has a theme, so all the songs mention birds in some way.

That's all for now. I will let you know if I come across any other good ones!


1 Comments:

Blogger mollybeesmamma said...

Maybe we should work out a secret barter for some burned cds. Or maybe I shouldn't mention that here. SHHH!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer