Thursday, February 01, 2007
TMI Post for the Week
When I was pregnant with Abhi I gained a total of 40 pounds. I lost all but 10 pounds of that before I got pregnant with Fiona. I was comfortable with the extra 10 pounds, so I wasn't worried about losing it. While pregnant with Fiona I gained 35 pounds. After Fiona was born (the next day) I weighed myself out of curiosity and I had lost 20 pounds just giving birth (8 pound baby, 8 pound placenta, and 4 pounds of "other stuff"). So that left me around 15-20 pounds to lose to get down to a weight I was comfortable with.

I have never really been focused too much on my weight. Even now, I think our bathroom scale is under the cabinet buried under a bunch of stuff and I have no idea what I weigh. My highly scientific way of telling if I have lost any weight is to try on a pair of pants that fit before I was pregnant and see how much closer I am to fitting into them again.

I don't really care what I weigh, but my gripe at the moment is that I am in some kind of weird in-between size of pants. Size 10 pants are too big and make my ass look huge, and the size 8 pants fit ok in the ass, but I can't button them. I tried looking for some size 9 pants, which in theory should work, right? But no. Size 9 is a junior size, so all I could find were super low rise pants that show off my ass-crack to the world and still didn't fit right. So not lovely or comfortable.

Today, I was fed up with ill-fitting, saggy pants and put on my size 8 jeans. They are zipped up and unbuttoned, with a belt to keep everything in place (and my ass looks great, by the way).

I may never fit into size 6 pants again, but I will keep them around just in case. I am tossing all the pants that are too big and when I get paid again, I am going shopping for more pants that fit, even if I have to wear them unbuttoned for a while. Which probably means I should also get some belts.

Ok, that's all for now.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer