Friday, May 11, 2007
The Big 3-0
Tomorrow is my 30th birthday and I am really looking forward to it. My mom is coming in town and we are all going out to eat. Z agreed to watch the kids while we are at dinner, so this will be the first time in almost 3 years we will eat in a restaurant with no kids!

I am excited about being in my 30's. I feel like I am truly an "adult" now. I struggled a lot in my 20s trying to figure out who I was, who I wanted to be with, and what I wanted to do with my life. I am in a good place now. We are about to buy our first home. While we are not swimming in money, we aren't struggling. I adore my husband and daughters. I think I have made some good choices and bad choices in the past 10 years, but it has made me who I am. Let's run down what has happened in the last 10 years (in no particular order).

* I met Jim 7 months after turning 20, dated for 3 years, and have been married almost 7 years.
* I graduated college.
* I gave birth to 2 daughters.
* I have moved 8 times and lived in 4 cities.
* Since graduating college, I have changed jobs 3 times.
* I cared for my grandmother who has dementia for 2 years.
* I have had 4 different cars.
* I lost my grandfather.
* I have made friends, lost friends, and reconnected with friends from the past.

Lots of change, right? I am hoping the next 10 years won't have so many life-changing events and definitely not as many moves! I am ready to settle down and stay in one place for a while and watch my kids grow up. I have a good career with a great company with lots of potential to go far. We live in a city we both love and have a great group of friends.

Life is good!


1 Comments:

Blogger tracey clark said...

Happy Birthday Girl!! Don't forget to take pictures documenting your big day! ; )
Tracey @ Picture This

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer